This week I’ve seen a few blogs such as Making Sense of Cents and Budget & the Beach posting 20 random things about themselves, and since I lack anything more interesting to say today I figured I’d jump in on that as well.
1. Pregnancy jokes aside, I actually enjoy eating candy cane ice cream with dill pickles. Seriously.
2. Speaking of ice cream, my great-grandfather invented heavenly hash.
3. My favourite movie changes all the time, but it usually fluctuates between Gone With the Wind, Dazed and Confused, and Pulp Fiction.
4. I played volleyball and lacrosse in middle school, but I hated sports in high school.
5. I used to play guitar, but I only knew about 20 chords.
6. I went on a trip when I was 16 to celebrate the 90th anniversary of the Battle of Vimy Ridge. We travelled through London, Belgium, and France.
7. Last autumn my dad married his long-time girlfriend, who lives in Cuba. I’ve never met her, or her three daughters.
8. I was a second mom to my brother and sister until I moved away at 18.
9. I love Sidney Crosby with a passion. Yum.
10. I’m friends with all of my exes, no matter what.
11. I went to bible camp for two weeks every summer for 9 years.
12. I love Drake, he’s my favourite artist right now.
13. I have 500 books, easily, that I won’t throw out or give away no matter what. It makes moving quite interesting.
14. I’ve never been one to buy a lot of clothes, because I always plan to wait until I lose some weight- which I never do.
15. I saw Justin Bieber live in 2009, and it literally took a song and a half before we realized it was a guy singing. We went for a festival, and he just happened to be performing- this was way before he got really famous though. I believe Akon was the headliner that night.
16. I get up and start my days so quickly because if I’m given the chance, I’ll sit at home and watch netflix all day long. If I don’t keep going, I lose ALL motivation.
17. I’ve never played beer pong and I turn down every opportunity to do so. I know I’d lose terribly, and I don’t know if I still have the alcohol tolerance to handle a total annihilation.
18. Even though I love my job, I hate my accounting classes. They’re so dry. I much prefer learning any other sector of business.
19. I love mirrors. If there’s a mirror, a window, or anything reflective near me, I stare at myself. I’m probably a border-line narcissist.
20. I actually don’t really like the city I’m moving to next month, but apartments in my town are scarce and the ones that exist are beyond our budget.
Do I have anything in common with anyone?